Monday, June 1, 2009

Chris REALLY sucks at maintaining a blog...!

Hoooooly, did the novelty of having a blog disappear fast. So sorry I haven't updated in so long. (To you, my 3 faithful readers...) It's just one of those things that I get in my head is gonna take a long time, so I keep putting it off and off and off. I guess it didn't help that this POS 7-year-old comp was on the fritz for the past week too (very much to my and Kat's dismay, I will also add). But now it's up and running and I'm online again. Woots!

Where do I even start? I guess the last thing I posted was pre-Scotty Doesn't Know. So... Europe was sooooooooooooo-pah awesome! I can't get over how good it was to check out. And we only went to Lille and Brussels. The whole experience was pretty cool though. Except for being stuck in arports for hours on end. Well, Calgary's really. All the other airports were super cool. But the whole trip started at 9am on the Friday of which I didn't sleep a wink beforehand. I was too excited to be seeing Kat and going to Europe. That and I was downloading torrents for movies and games to play on Bennet's PSP that he gave me. Which I also had to hack to watch and play said movies and games. So I jump on the plane to Calgary and proceed to be stuck there for a 6 hour layover. Balls. I'm hella tired so I find my gate that I'm connecting in to get to Frankfurt and sleep for a couple of hours. Though I must say, airport chairs are not the comfiest things in the world.. Anyways, wake up and look at the time. Ugh, two and a half more hours til I can leave?! I guess I'll go grab something to eat in the food court. I nab some sushi and an iced tea. But I'm still so balls-ass tired that when I go to put the bottle of iced tea on the counter, I totally miss and it falls to the floor and smashing at my feet. And now my shoes are covered in iced tea and tiny bits of glass. Great. That was probably the lowest point of the whole trip. Everything after that was awesome beyond words.

I finally arrive in Frankfurt after a very tiring layover and a 9 hour flight. But I did get to watch Slumdog Millionaire and He's Just Not That Into You. And just for kicks, The Breakfast Club on PSP. Frankfurt Airport is gigantic! It took so long to get from one gate to the other. And it's like a luxury mall too. There were so many high end stores in there for shopping. After about an hour there, I head off to Brussels to meet up with Kat.

Brussels was pretty cool from the little bits we got to see before we hopped on the train for Lille. All the taxis there were Mercedes! I thought that was pretty swizz. And baller!

So finally in Lille, we check into the hotel and make plans for supper. But after both of us being in commute for so long, we ended up just crashing out early.

For the next week it was a mix of getting up early, heading to a cafe, and then walking Kat to her conference. After dropping her off, I would just go exploring and try to find cool places for us to check out together. I swear, I've never walked that much in my life. Some days, I would just go and head up whatever streets looked interesting. After a while of doing that, I would just check back on the map and see where I was and head back to the hotel from there. One time, I ended up a 45 min. walk away from downtown! (Downtown was where we were staying)

There's so much cool stuff to see in Lille! We checked out some great architecture, went to the art museum, the lameballs mall, tons of different cafes and some really cool restaurants. Although Honey & Pie became a quick favourite. They had fresh squeezed juices there. The apple juice was unreal! And pan au chocalat, mmmmmm. I think that's one of the things I miss most. Waking up and heading out for a pan au chocolat and an espresso. I'm not an espresso drinker, but I was in France! The creperies were cool too. Although, they all used the same menu! We only went to 2 different crepe places, but the menus were the exact same! We thought it was kinda funny. Good thing the first one we went to was in French and English. Then we knew exactly what everything was at the second one.

And the shopping. Oh, the shopping... Which we didn't really do much of. Although there's tons of cool boutiques there. Well known and lesser known. But hella expensive. I really wanted this one scarf that I found, but I wasn't about to shell out 75 Euros for it!

After the conference ended, we took off to Brussels. That place was amazing. I had no idea how big tourism is there. There were people in from all over the world. And the city totally caters to them too. All around Grand Place are tons of little shit souvenir shops. And restaurants too. That the maitre'd's are super pushy about trying to get to eat in. "Sweetheart, sweetheart, we got everything you could want. You vegetarian? We got great blah blah blah..." They're like super weaselly used car salesmen. We spent the whole weekend just touring around. Didn't bother to do much shopping at all. We checked out the huge cathedral there. And then the Japanese and Chinese pavillions. And there was some kind of festival going on the weekend we were there, so there was all these different live shows going on in the streets too. We made sure to do the Brussels essentials too. Waffles, fruit beers, chocolate, and French fries. All in all, a fantastic trip and experience.

It made me not want to come home and back to this boring ass North American lifestyle. It's the same old, same old. Still Freehouse 3 lunches a week, and poker all the rest of the time. Although I've been going out a bit more as of late. For the past 2 Saturdays, I've been out. It's kinda weird. I almost forget how to socialize. So many high fives...

This past Saturday was kinda fun. I went out to the office to grind a bit and made a good stack of paper. So I headed back to the city to Freehouse for last call. Then I guess it was 3Feet's last night of spinning at The Fish, so we headed there. They were open til 4am that night. And serving booze still! Hoooooooly! Anyways, it was high five city there. But to a ridiculous extent. And many a drunk Earls girl came up to me to tell me how much they love my sister... Neat. I think these past 2 Saturdays should tide me over for a while. I don't know how much more Ed Hardy I can handle.

What else...? Oh I awoke to the sound of the door buzzer today. Only to find the mailman handing me a package from Korea!!! Thank you so much! I love everything in it! Those Quolomo shirts are the shit! That's so swizz that you nabbed that for me. You probably didn't realize, but the girl on the shirt is Aki Hoshino. She's pretty famous in sneaker world. And Crunky's?! Yesssssssss... Check my fb status...

That's about all I can tell you for now. Playing in this new house game is still going pretty swizz. And yeah... I hope you guys called Twyla on her birthday. We got to talk for a good while which was super nice.

K I'm out for now. I'll try to post more regularly. (Although I say that everytime...) Hey, laziness and procrastination are a bitch. And I possess both. Laaaaaaaaaaaate..

No comments:

Post a Comment